There is a lot to say about this village. Lots of history, lots of activities and things. But right now I thought it would be nice to give an overview of what is there as far as I know. Just a list with nothing more important then the other and I prefer to show you some of the many pictures I have been taking in and around this village.
Our property is about 10 minutes walk from the centre, so quite near.
But first a list and if I forgot something and you have a tip, let me know.
- an airport (a few minutes from the village), with flights to Sevilla, Bilbao, London, Buccarest, Budapest,Katowice and Vienna.
- two churches from the 16th century
- several beaches: from the centre of the village to the sea is approx 25 min by car. this area is also part of Cabanes.
- almondtrees, olive trees, figs,…
- a motor cross area, with last year the Spanish championships
- a swimming pool, open from half of June till the end of August and 1 euro entrance.
- an old rooftile factory from the 16th century (private property)
- wine producers with a collection of wine from Cabanes,
- ruines, castles, towers,…..
- and of course some nice bars, restaurants, three hotels and some houses for rent.
- and much more, more to come and please send me tips, if you miss some interesting information.
There is also some interesting things to share what was in the past:
- in the nineties and somewhere until 2005/6 : the biggest open air dancing of Europe or Spain?. I don’t know. Here have a look how it looks now and here how it was when it was a big success.
- For quite a long time there has been a nightclub in Cabanes: Caramel Club.